Monday, November 13, 2017

Christmas Crack

It's that time of year again.  Yummy treats smelling up the kitchen, snuggling up on the couch to watch Hallmark movies!  Its the best time of the year for me!  Another couple of weeks and my tree with will be up and my house all decked out with Christmas gear, maybe a Christmas craft or two.  The best time of the year!  I know its not quite here, but I couldn't help myself this year...I had to start the treats a little early!!  This seriously has to be my FAVORITE Christmas treat...really, it's probably one of my very most favorite treats period!  And I might eat it throughout the year, not just at Christmastime.  Its so simple and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish!!   


Hope you will try it and enjoy it with your families this year!!  What is your favorite treat to share with your family?? 




The recipe is below or click HERE for a printable version!




Christmas Crack


Ingredients


6 cups Chex Corn Cereal


6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal


2 cups shredded coconut


2 cups sliced almonds


1 cup light corn syrup


1 cup sugar


¾ cup butter




Instructions


In a large bowl, mix the Chex Corn cereal, Golden Grahams Cereal, shredded coconut, ans sliced almonds.  Set aside.


In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the corn syrup, sugar and butter.  Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool for about 2 minutes.


Pour over the cereal mix and mix well until the cereal is coated.  Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.  Store in an airtight container to keep from drying out.





No comments: