Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Mother's Day is a bittersweet day at our house.  It is the reminder of a mother gone, but still celebration of all of the wonderful influences that still grace us with their inspiring words and deeds.  This year as the kids left to visit their mom's grave I could sense sadness.  It broke my heart to know that they were suffering, were sad and there was nothing I could do to take that pain away.   The only thing I could do was understand and help them know I am here for them if they wanted or needed me. 


The rest of the day was filled with a wonderful church service about charity.  Food, family and CHOCOLATE!!  What is Mother's Day without chocolate right!!  It was fun to BBQ and spend time with our loved ones.


On the way home, I noticed this sweet post from Lucy on Instagram:






That simple, sweet message was one of the most precious gifts I've been given.  It was completely unexpected, but so powerful.  It made me realize that even though at times I've felt like I am not getting through to them or they don't see me as a mother figure....they do know that I will be there for them and that I do want to help them in any way I can.  I love them and in these quiet moments I know they must love me too!!


If you are struggling as a stepmom, DON'T GIVE UP!!  Those children need you and they will some day see how much you sacrificed for them and that you really did love them!  Get up, brush yourself off, and be the awesome only you can be for them!  I believe you can do it!  Its hard sometimes and good in other times, but you are exactly what they need!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you awesome mothers out there!

No comments: