Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Small Blessings are Everywhere

We have been doing something new for our family...Scripture Study.  Don't get me wrong we have done it before, but more like were just reading them, not actually studying them.  So we have been using both the picture book scriptures & the actual Book of Mormon.  It was a struggle & I didn't feel the spirit as often as I had hoped.  Kaylie was stuggling to stay focused & I was frustrated.  So I did some research..if you can count Pinterest as research...haha!  And ALOT of praying!!





 
 
I found scripture journaling!!  She LOVED it!!!  We wrote down what we knew about him, one of our favorite scriptures, and what we could do to be more like him.  We are going to add pictures and designs to make them our own & add them to a binder.  I found suggestions from maps to other talks by the General Authorities to make scriptures make sense to us & how to use them in our lives.  If you need a template check out www.theredheadedhostess.com   She has some great ways to break down the scriptures and learn verse by verse!
 
I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what we need & how to get it.  I feel truly blessed to be a member of his church and that I am teaching my daughter to follow Jesus Christ & how to feel the Holy Ghost!  I'm truly grateful for small blessing in every day life!
 
If anyone is looking for a new way to study the scriptures, try this!  Its awesome!!!


No comments: