Friday, September 1, 2017

DIY Fall Wreath



This DIY fall wreath is so simple!  I have used store bought wreaths in the past, but I wanted something new and to change up my décor a bit, so I decided to MAKE a new one!  I knew I wanted something with more earth tones and simplistic...this so super easy and totally doable!


You will need:
  • 1 grapevine wreath
  • some flower sprigs and/or greenery (its really up to you on how full you want it)
  • floral wire cutters
  • floral wire (optional)
  • 1 burlap bow (or ribbon if you want to tie your own bow)
Everything to make my wreath came from Michaels!  I have some coupons and was able to get 60% off of most of the items. 


Take your grapevine and put it on a flat surface.  Next, poke your sprigs and greenery through the grapevine in the places you want them, bending back the wires to keep the sprigs in place.  You may want to thin out the sprigs, if you do, use your wire cutters to break them apart....if you use other scissors, the chances of you breaking them is VERY high!  I've gone through a couple pairs of them because I was in a hurry and just tried to use them.  If you don't have any, you can bend the wire in a circular motion until you can get it to break off, but that isn't an exact science and they sometimes break in places you didn't intend.  Wire cutters are the way to go!


 Once you have them in place, flip the wreath over and either bend the wires back around the grapevine and poke them back down into the wreath.  Or you can use floral wire to tie them in, but I like to poke them back into the wreath..its easier!


After you have your floral pieces secure, turn your wreath back over and attach the burlap bow.  You can attach it with the floral wire and tuck the ends back into the wreath.  And you're DONE!!


See how easy that was?  Anyone can do it!  It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish!  This type of wreath can work for any occasion.  It's simple and looks great!  So what do you think?  Do you think you could make a wreath like this??  Of course you can!


Happy Wreathing!!




No comments: